Amber Lee Carpenter
writer | photographer | artist
Amber Lee Carpenter earned an MFA in Creative Nonfiction Writing from Columbia College Chicago. She also received an MA in English from East Carolina University. Her essays and photographs have appeared in publications that include sPARKLE & bLINK, Sinister Wisdom, Two Hawks Quarterly, riverSedge, Mount Hope Magazine, Camas Magazine, and Glassworks Magazine. She currently lives in the Bay Area with her wife, two dogs, and cat.
Essays & Hybrids
- “Routine Openings,” Writer Advice, 2022
- “Bodies are not meant to,” sPARKLE & bLINK (108), 2020
- “Mother, Daughter,” riverSedge (Vol. 32, Issue 1), 2019
- “What Happened On June 21, 2018,” Essay Daily, 2018
- “The Whole Body Houses Grief,” Two Hawks Quarterly, 2017
- “Male Female,” Sinister Wisdom, 2017
- “Fall from Grace,” Sinister Wisdom, 2013
- “Testimony,” SPACES Literary Magazine, 2013
Have a message for Amber? Want to license/purchase a photo?
Please use the form below.